As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact small businesses across the country, Abbott’s are committed to providing our clients with support and resources available to ensure the continued success of their small businesses. We will update this resource with the latest information on financial support available.
Small Business and charities electricity credit
Each commercial premises can receive one $500 credit if the business or charity incurred electricity costs as at 2 February 2021 and:
- the property is used for commercial purposes or mixed use of both residential and commercial
- electricity consumption at the premises is no more than 50MWh per year or electricity bills total up to $15,000 per annum and
- you are the owner-occupier, or a tenant at the premises who pays the electricity costs directly
For a fact sheet and more information, visit the WA government website.
Applications are now open and close 30 September 2021.
WA Tourism and Travel Agent Support
On 22 August the WA and Federal Governments announced a jointly funded support fund for WA Tourism and Travel Agents. The program is targeted to businesses in the accommodation, tourism attraction, tour and transport, and travel agents impacted by the lockdowns and border restrictions throughout Australia.
A One-off cash payment of between $2,000 and $10,000 will be provided to successful applicants that are able to demonstrate at least 30 per cent reduction in turnover for a comparative period prior to 26 June 2021 and amount of funding will be determined by annual business turnover as provided in the application.
For more information on funding eligibility and applications, visit the Tourism WA website.
Apprenticeship and Trainee re-engagement incentive
The Apprenticeship and Traineeship Re-engagement Incentive program supports businesses impacted by COVID-19. It has been designed to encourage businesses to employ apprentices and trainees, to maintain the supply of skilled workers across a range of trades and occupations that will be essential to WA’s economic recovery post COVID-19.
Employers (including Group Training Organisations) are eligible to receive a one-off payment for an apprentice of trainee if:
- the business is a WA employer
- they have an active training contract for the apprentice or trainee registered with the Department of Training and Workforce Development’s (the Department) Apprenticeship Office
- the commencement date of employment of the apprentice or trainee is between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2022
- the apprentice or trainee resides in Western Australia (this includes The Indian Ocean Territories)
- the apprentice or trainee has passed the relevant probation period or completed the training contract, with the new employer.
To find out more about business eligibility and how to apply at Apprenticeship and Traineeship Re-engagement Incentive.
Applications are now open and close 30 June 2022
If you have any questions about the information above, please contact the team at Abbotts. We will be happy to assist you in the options available to you during these times and how you can receive assistance.
If you would like to have a chat, book in a time with our experts.