The Fair Work Ombudsman updated the Fair Work Information Statement (FWIS) to make it easier for you to understand minimum workplace entitlements. Every worker in Australia needs to get a copy of the FWIS when they start a new job.
Employers have to give every new employee a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement (the Statement) before, or as soon as possible after, they start their new job.
The Statement provides new employees with information about their conditions of employment.
The Statement has information on:
- the National Employment Standards
- right to request flexible working arrangements
- modern awards
- making agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009
- individual flexibility arrangements
- freedom of association and workplace rights (general protections)
- termination of employment
- right of entry
- the role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and the Fair Work Commission.
To download a PDF copy of the new Fair Work Information Statement, please visit https://www.fairwork.gov.au/employee-entitlements/national-employment-standards/fair-work-information-statement
This article was first written on fairwork.gov.au (Page reference No: 2144)